Events Terms and Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions:
“Attendee” means the person, firm or company named as the Attendee on the Booking Form.
“Contract” means the contract entered into between the Attendee and the Organiser as described in Clause 2. “Delegate” means the person(s) representing
the Attendee at the Event.
“Event” means the event detailed on the Booking Form.
“Organiser” means QA Media Ltd or its successors or assignees.
“Booking Form” means the online booking form or the hard copy form set out overleaf.
“Total Payable” means the total payable as specified in the Booking Form. References to clauses shall be to clauses of these Terms and Conditions.
- An application for a delegate place at the Event shall (a) be made on a Booking Form signed by or on behalf of the Attendee (or in such other written, electronic or oral form as the Organiser in its discretion accepts) (b) include all information required in the Booking Form and c) be received by the Organiser together with the Deposit.
- The person or persons signing the Booking Form on behalf of the Attendee shall be deemed to have full authority to do so on behalf of the Attendee and the Attendee shall have no right to claim as against the Organiser that such a person or persons did not have such authority.
- On written acceptance by the Organiser of the Booking Form it shall constitute the contract between the Attendee and the Organiser which shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions and to any rules and regulations issued from time to time by the Organiser in relation to the Event. Such contract will be governed by English law and subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Attendee may cancel its booking after the Contract has been entered into by written notice received by the Organiser no later than 10 working days prior to the Event and the Attendee shall pay a cancellation charge of 20% of the Total Payable. Cancellations after that date will be subject to full payment. Non- payment or non-attendance does not constitute cancellation.
- Cancellation charges will be deducted from payments received from the Attendee; if such payments are less than the cancellation charge the Attendee must pay the balance with the cancellation notice. Any refund of Contract payments in excess of the cancellation charges will be sent by the Organiser 30 days after receipt of the cancellation notice.
- Notwithstanding that the Organiser resells the cancelled place after payment of cancellation charges, the Organiser shall be under no obligation to reimburse all or part of such charges.
POSTPONEMENT OR ABANDONMENT
In the event that the Event is abandoned for whatever reason the Organiser shall refund any payments it has received from the Attendee for the Event. The Attendee shall have no other claim whatsoever against the Organiser. If by re- arrangement or postponement of the date of the Event or by substitution of an alternative venue for the Event or by means of any other reasonable arrangement the Event can be held the Contract shall be binding on the parties save that it shall be deemed to be varied so as to allow for any necessary change of venue, dates or otherwise.
The Attendee shall indemnify the Organiser against all costs, claims, demands, proceedings, liability and losses whatsoever made against or incurred by the Organiser as a result of any acts or defaults of the Attendee, its Delegates, employees or agents at the Event.
BANKRUPTCY OR LIQUIDATION
In the event of the Attendee becoming bankrupt, entering into liquidation, having a receiver, administrator or administrative receiver appointed in respect of its assets or entering into any arrangement with its creditors, the Organiser reserves the right to treat such event as a cancellation in which case clause 3 will apply.
The Organiser may assign the benefit of the Contract without giving notice to or obtaining the consent of the Attendee.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
- The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including (but not by way of limitation) consequential or indirect loss or damage, loss of profits, loss of contracts, loss of or damage to property or goods of the Attendee or any other person, personal injury to or death of the Attendee or any other person (other than injury or death caused by the Organiser’s negligence)) suffered by the Attendee and whether such loss or damage arises from a breach of duty in contract or tort or in any other way (including from the Organiser’s negligence).
- The Attendee shall effect at its own cost full indemnity insurance against usual risks in respect of loss, damage or injury to goods and persons.
- The Attendee may send a substitute Delegate to the Event at any time.
- The Organiser reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude or remove any Delegate whose presence in the Organiser’s opinion is or is likely to be undesirable.
- The Organiser reserves the right to alter the programme without notice due to unforeseen circumstances.